To develop a passionate and joyful Jewish identity along with the skills and knowledge to practice Judaism; to inspire students to a life time commitment of Jewish learning, community involvement and ethical action.
The Bernard and Alice Selevan Religious School is a place where:
- we form a warm, caring community where we learn about our rich cultural heritage, traditions, and our connection to ancient and modern Israel together
- our children learn Jewish values through study of Torah and hands-on practice of mitzvot
- our graduates are comfortable with siddur Hebrew, the teachings of Conservative Judaism, and actively participating in services.
- our staff and clergy are role models, providing a caring link to events in and out of our synagogue
- our students make lifetime friendships and begin their journey to becoming proud participants and leaders in the next generation of Jews
- we value the partnership which exists between school, parents, and community, and the part it plays in realizing this vision